Institution: Arkansas Teacher Retirement System
Headquarters: Little Rock, United States
AUM: $16.6 billion
Allocation to alternatives: 32.3%
Highlights from ATRS’s September 2020 board committee meeting:
- ATRS invested $50 million in Kayne Anderson Real Estate Partners VI, which invests in senior housing and medical offices. The fund is targeting $2 billion.
- The pension pledged up to $50 million to PGIM Real Estate Capital VII, which focuses on junior and senior debt in the real estate industry in Europe and is targeting £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion; €1.65 billion).
- The real estate asset class makes up 8.1 percent of ATRS’s $16.6 billion portfolio.
- The system’s annualized return for its total fund is 6.03 percent, with a performance benchmark of 6.63 percent, over the last five years.
- Aon Hewitt Investment Consulting serves as ATRS’s investment advisor.
Jerry Meyer serves as ATRS’s Alternative and Real Assets Investment manager, a position he’s held since 2009, according to LinkedIn.
Platinum subscribers may click here for the investor’s full profile, including key contacts, allocation strategy and fund investments.