01 February 2011
No. of pages:
The definitive guide to Real Estate Investing brings together in one highly practical volume a series of strategic investment perspectives written by experts about their chosen real estate investment strategies. The publication is a perfect due diligence resource for any investment manager, whether seasoned or fresh to international real estate markets.
How does your real estate investment strategy fit today’s risk-return spectrum?
Despite unlisted real estate’s deep and long correction, it continues to be a large and attractive asset class for many investors in every region. While the market has been particularly impacted by its exposure to the debt markets at a time of a global credit crisis, most markets are showing clear signs of moving through the downturn with some even showing stronger performance.
But should real estate investors follow the herd and stick with core strategies or look further along the risk-reward curve to core-plus, value-added, opportunistic and other strategies? Are you prepared for your quest in search of alpha?
This unique collection of compelling insights and strategic commentaries will help you to shape your understanding of investing in unlisted real estate across various countries and regions, segments, investment strategies and discusses best-practice techniques. This guide is designed to assist you in making the informed decisions for your current fund. It also informs you of what future fundraisings strategies should include if you want to secure the essential investor allocations to your future funds.
This thought-provoking title reveals a wealth of insight and strategic guidance:
- Understand the dynamics and opportunities in a range of regions including Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, and in attractive markets such as France, Germany and the Nordics.
- 25 seasoned investors provide a macro-perspective across different markets and strategies, and drill down into the meaningful minutiae to give you real, practical insights to inform your investing strategies.
- Fully appreciate what emerging markets have to offer international investors. Detailed studies take you on a series of journeys in Brazil, China and India.
- Incisive analysis on residential, office, retail and industrial/logistics opportunities.
- How have real estate valuations techniques changed in the post-financial crisis world of real estate?
- Can investment opportunities in secondaries, distressed real estate, debt and other strategies take hold in 2011 and beyond?
- Implications of Solvency II in real estate investments for Institutional Investors.
- Insurance issues: the value of PRI.
- Educate yourself about sustainability issues – one of the hottest issues in 21st century real estate.
- Ethical issues in international real estate transactions
Who should own this book?
- Fund managers
- Fund of funds managers
- Contractors & developers
- Asset managers
- Government and public bodies
- Professionals who want to break into real estate