- Fund: Torchlight Debt Fund VII
- Amount raised: $2.04 billion
- Target size: $1.5 billion
- Stage of fundraising: Final close
- Final close: October 2021
- Time on the road: One year and five months
- Predecessor fund: Torchlight Debt Fund VI ($1.684 billion)
US asset manager Torchlight Investors has raised $2.04 billion for Torchlight Debt Fund VII, a contact at the firm told PERE. With it, the fund becomes the largest US-focused real estate debt fund to close so far this year. The fund exceeded its $1.5 billion target and surpassed capital raised by its predecessor, Torchlight Debt Fund VI, which closed in February 2019 on $1.684 billion. Like its predecessor, capital raised by the seventh-generation real estate debt fund will be used to lend to real estate throughout North America across diversified sectors.