Institution: Alameda County Employees’ Retirement Association (ACERA)
Headquarters: Oakland, US
AUM: $11.35 billion
Alameda County Employees’ Retirement Association (ACERA) has discussed the search for a new investment consultant, according to the firm’s recent September meeting minutes. The pension’s five-year contract with its current investment consultant, Verus Investment Consulting Services, is due to end on May 31, 2023, and the pension will select a replacement.
The specific criteria within this upcoming RFP has not yet been confirmed; however, the pension has outlined a proposed timeline that will lead to the appointment of a new consultant.
- In the week commencing on September 19, the committee will discuss the full timeline, staff involved and selection criteria. Up until November 14, the pension will finalize the RFP.
- The RFP will be posted on the ACERA website on November 14.
- By December 5, the pension will start to accept bids from prospective investment firms with a deadline set for the December 19.
- From January 3 to February 10, bids for the contract will be reviewed internally
- By March 8, the pension will announce and confirm three finalists to present to the rest of the committee.
- By April 21, a new investment consultant will be selected and confirmed, following contract negotiations.
As illustrated below, ACERA’s recent private real estate commitments have focused on core, core plus or debt vehicles globally across multiple sectors.
Platinum subscribers may click here for the investor’s full profile, including key contacts, allocation strategy and fund investments.